Educational tours business partners with Jacksonville University to create unique curriculum
Spearpoint Business Tours, a new venture and educational model based in Jacksonville, Fla., combines a unique educational experience with visits to America’s most iconic businesses. The inaugural trip announced today to Portland, Oregon, will take place from July 10 to July 13, 2016, and is focused on sports and outdoors brands, featuring visits to companies Adidas, Columbia Sportswear Company, Nike, Portland Trail Blazers and Senaptec, and features intimate gatherings with top executives from each company and optional field trips to explore Portland’s cultural landscape.
Each business visit on the tour will have a themed presentation by company executive(s):
- Nike’s global sports marketing director will discuss the challenges of managing communications within a global company and the return on investment at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics.
- At Senaptec, a startup that provides state-of-the-art technologies, products, and programs designed to assess, analyze, and improve vision and sensorimotor skills in athletes, a company executive will discuss how they utilize technology, secured funding and built a sales channel.
- The visit to Adidas features presentations by top executives about competing for talent, global communications and metrics and measuring return on investment.
- The director of information at the Portland Trailblazers will discuss how analytics are used in modern sports and arenas and the vice president of media will focus on behind-the-scenes broadcasting and media deals.
- Columbia Sportswear Company will feature a presentation by a vice president on leading innovation in an industry.
Founded by Advantage Business Magazine publisher Brian Barquilla and communications expert Meredith O’Malley Johnson in partnership with Jacksonville University, Spearpoint Business Tours is a new business educational model to inspire business leaders and students by visiting and interacting with America’s most iconic and successful companies.
“We wanted to create an exclusive, in-depth educational experience that’s one-of-a-kind, where business owners and business students can meet, exchange ideas and ask questions of top executives at America’s most iconic companies,” said Barquilla. “This is a trip where you’ll come home with new found inspiration for growing your business. This is a trip for adventurers and lifelong learners.”
Spearpoint Business Tours and Jacksonville University partnered to create a unique curriculum for the inaugural Portland trip and to offer Jacksonville University faculty and students special pricing. Pricing and full trip agenda can be found at www.spearpointbiztours.com.
“In today’s extremely competitive marketplace, we are focused on preparing our students to graduate job-ready and promotion-ready on Day One, and that means practical on-the-ground and in-the-field learning,” said Davis College of Business Dean Dr. Don Capener. “This new partnership, with one of the most respected business education and communication media companies in the Southeast, fits perfectly with our mission to provide the most valuable experiences possible to enhance students’ career development.”
About Spearpoint Business Tours: Spearpoint Business Tours is a community of action-oriented influencers who enjoy being inspired by some of the most brilliant minds doing work in America’s most admired and iconic companies. Using education as a platform, our travelers build lifelong relationships with their like-minded and adventurous peers. They energize one another, have fun and collaborate as they explore new ways to solve old problems. For additional information, visit www.spearpointbiztours.com.