One Spark’s Creator Innovation Day conference further strengthened its lineup with today’s announcement of Quang Pham of Jacksonville-based Espero Pharmaceuticals as a keynote speaker. Pham joins a series of Northeast Florida leaders in business, healthcare and technology for the event on Thursday, April 7. Taking place at the Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront and open to the public, the Creator Innovation Day conference follows the Spark Walk Creator Showcase on April 6.
Curated by Jacksonville Community of Entrepreneurs (JAXCoE) and One Spark Ventures, the Creator Innovation Day conference will showcase a full slate of programming focused on providing Creators and entrepreneurs with information, tools, and local resources to move ideas from concept to company.
Quang Pham is the founder, chairman and CEO of Espero Pharmaceuticals and its subsidiary, Jacksonville Pharmaceuticals. In 2000, he won $5 million in venture capital as part of the largest international business plan contest ever held to fund Lathian Systems, then known as MyDrugRep.com. A graduate of UCLA, Quang also served as a Marine Corps helicopter pilot.
“I’m honored to join One Spark Creator Innovator Day,” said Pham. “This event will feature some of the most exciting entrepreneurs in our region and I’m looking forward to sharing my knowledge of funding, execution, and how to cultivate innovation with them. One Spark and JAXCoE continue to push Jacksonville’s startup community forward and it’s my honor to be part of their efforts.”
The major components of Creator Innovation Day’s agenda include:
· Startup experts: In addition to Pham, Andrew Rush and Spencer Pittman from Made In Space will be featured speakers. Rush, the company’s president, and Pittman, its head of product strategy, will keynote a talk about their company’s growth strategies.
· Breakout sessions: Participants can join breakout sessions in four categories: Innovating Your Business, Protecting Your Business, Funding Your Business and Running Your Business. Local startup founders and experts will lead the sessions designed to give detailed tips and information for every aspect of a new business.
· Lean Canvas workshop: Lean Canvas is a strategic entrepreneurial tool that has taken the startup world by storm. It enables business owners to describe, design, challenge, invent and pivot their business model quickly.
· Networking opportunities: With lunch and an after party at the Jacksonville Suns opening game, participants will have many chances throughout the day to network with fellow entrepreneurs and breakout session leaders.
· HackaJAX: Local college and high school students will compete to develop a creative solution to solve a problem facing our community in an all-day hackathon. The winning teams will receive cash prizes.
Tickets for the Creator Innovation Day Conference are $20 ($15 for students and educators) in advance and $40 at the door. In addition to the day’s activities, admission includes lunch and after party at the Suns opening game (tickets to the game are included with the admission price for the first 150 ticket purchasers).