WHAT: The Elbow Bender is a one-night party combining free outdoor concerts, parking lot parties, food trucks, plus specials and entertainment at more than a dozen Downtown bars and restaurants. The Bender will kick off ongoing Thursday evening promotions in The Elbow.
WHAT: Thursday, July 9 from 6-10 p.m. with after dark programming throughout The Elbow to follow.
WHERE: The Elbow, Downtown’s Entertainment District, is comprised of 16 bars and restaurants centered around The Florida Theatre.
MORE INFORMATION: Bender entertainment includes two FREE concerts at each end of The Elbow and FREE entry into participating bars before 10PM. And interactive map and event details can be found at www.theelbowjax.com.
- Bay St. Stage – Free concert lineup: 6PM – Tambor, 7PM – Fort Stories, 8PM – Flat Land and 9PM – Swimm.
- Adams St. Stage – Free concert lineup: 6PM – Sunspots, 7PM – Bells & Robes, 8PM – Herd of Watts, 9PM – Greenhouse Lounge.
- JAX Chamber Welcome Lot – Features an Engine 15 beer tent, Sally Ann fashion truck, mini golf, giant beer pong and Armada FC Supporters Group experience.
- Blackstone Food Truck Lot – Features an Engine 15 beer tent and food trucks: Son of a Butcher, PitaBoss and Fusion Food Truck.
- 1904 Music Hall + Alleyway – Features Throwback Thursdays Summer Dance Party with DJ Dialectable Beats and Nintendo Tournament at 9PM. Specials: Ladies’ FREE keg of cider; $2 Rolling Rock tall boys and Jello shots; hookah by Smoking Scarab. The Alleyway features live free-form mural wall and BREW Five Points’ cold brew samples + “Shook” cold-brew drinks.
- Azucena Corner Deli – Features Kickback Thursdays with live, local music and DJs at 6-8PM.
- Burrito Gallery – Features $1 off drafts and $4 margaritas.
- Burro Bar – Features Mas Appeal – Hip Hop and Hookah from 6-9PM, B.A.S.H. at 9PM and Weisshunds at 10PM.
- Chomp Chomp – Features a new summer menu.
- Dos Gatos – Features trivia at 9:30PM and DJ Hollywood at 11:30PM. Special: $5 PBR and bourbon duo.
- Downtown Cigar Lounge – Features $2 domestic beers; $4 martinis; $5 select cigars and $5 glasses/$20 wine bottles.
- Florida Theatre – Features the 48 Hour Film Festival Best of Screening at 7PM. (Tickets: $15)
- Hourglass Pub & Coffee House – Features Comedy Hourglass hosted by Mike Sanders at 9:30PM and one-man band: Cameron Jameyal Taghlabi at 11PM. Specials: $2 domestic beers.
- Mark’s Downtown Club & Lounge – Features DJ Deacon at 4PM and $4 Cîroc vodka.
- Olio – Open for new dinner hours from 5-10PM.
- Super Food & Brew – Features Dinner till 9PM and $2 Intuition I-10 IPAs.
- Underbelly – Features the following lineup: 6:30PM – Jesse Montoya, 7:30PM – Sick Talk, 8:30PM – Surprise Guest, 9:30PM – Severed + Said and 10:30PM – DJ Cry Havoc. Specials: $2 domestic cans, Rolling Rock tall boys + Fireball shots; $3 whiskey gingers; $12 champagne bottles, plus FREE Fireball shots @ 10PM.
About Downtown Vision, Inc.
Downtown Vision, Inc. (DVI) is a dynamic, not-for-profit 501(c)6 organization revitalizing Downtown through clean and safe initiatives, experience creation, marketing and information management. Created by commercial property owners through a self-assessment and governed by a board representing Downtown property owners, DVI administers a 90-block Downtown Improvement District. For more information, visit downtownjacksonville.org.
About The Elbow
The Elbow is Downtown Jacksonville’s Entertainment District. Committed to creating an authentic entertainment experience, The Elbow offers a wealth of diverse, walkable and award-winning culinary, nightlife, live music and performance venues. Cultivated around the historic Florida Theatre, The Elbow is one destination that encompasses seven restaurants and nine bars with six additional spots to open by 2016. The formal boundaries are Bay Street to Adams Street and Main Street to Liberty Street. For more information, visit theelbowjax.com.