Join Downtown Jacksonville galleries and museums, as well as cultural venues, restaurants and businesses, for the First Wednesday Art Walk “Americana” on Wednesday, July 4, 2012, from 5-9 p.m., rain or shine.
This free event includes stops at more than 10 live music and performance venues, more than 10 hot spots open after 9 p.m., more than 26 total stops, including:
- Headquarters @ Hemming Plaza – Enjoy eclectic works by local artists set to beats by Egokiller DJs.
- The Jacksonville Landing – Presents “All-American Fourth at The Landing.” Enjoy the music of Stevie Fingers from 5 – 9 p.m. All persons must be 21 years of age or older or present military I.D. Children are welcome with parent.
- +SoLo – New location – Enjoy the new performance art space for a showcase of many unique and innovative techniques found in exploratory saxophone studies.
- Burro Bar – Features live music from Shattermat, Heyrocco and Chiefora.
- Northstar “The Pizza Bar” – Musicians, performers and onlookers are welcome at Open Mic Night beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- Midtown Deli & Café – Hosts a string quartet and local artwork.
- Olio – Enjoy casual, contemporary dining and artwork by local artists.
Plus, stay Downtown after Art Walk for The City of Jacksonville’s Fourth of July Celebration fireworks display beginning at 9:45 p.m.
To see a complete art walk map/venue listing, visit http://www.downtownjacksonville.org/Marketing/First_Wednesday_Artwalk.aspx